Hydrocarbons Sector Legislation
Since the approval of the Energy Reform, changes and updates to the Hydrocarbons Laws and Regulation have been increasing within the legal framework:
- Hydrocarbons Law (August, 2014)
- Law of the National Agency of Industrial Security, Energy and Protection to the Environment of Hydrocarbons Sector (March, 2015).
- Attributions to the Energy Regulatory Commission for issuance of permissions for the sale to the public of service stations (January, 2016)
- Regulations to the Law of Ecological Balance and Environment Protection and the General Law of Integral Waste Management were reformed.
- States lost attributions to authorize Environmental, Risk and Waste Management Studies of the Hydrocarbon Sector.